~Like artifacts of an ancient civilization –
these rare legends
of early Motion Picture and related
production equipment technology –
have a secure and appreciating
place in history.~
About Cinema Antiques:
We at Cinema Antiques have been active collectors and curators of vintage Motion Picture Equipment for well over 49 years. During this time we have amassed a superb and rare ongoing collection of antique: movie cameras, Hollywood studio lights, film studio audio / microphones and other highly collectible artifacts of the Hollywood Film Production Industry.
We specialize in CERTIFIED Cinema Antiques and Artifacts Circa 1900 to 1969 and beyond, representing the Machine Age, Art Deco, Industrial Age and Mid Century Periods.
We market these rare Cinema Antiques via our Dallas Gallery and web site:
We have dedicated workshops, warehouses and galleries in Dallas Texas USA where we prepare, display and market our rare Motion Picture equipment antiques and artifacts.
Our Cinema Antiques are perfect for display in residential, industrial and museum settings. Collectors, Motion Picture Executives and museums worldwide are some of our clients.
We offer one of the most complete and accurately curated selections of authentic Cinema Antiques, for sale, in the world.
All items sold and offered are presented as fairly and honestly as possible and we invite buyers to visit our showrooms (by appointment, please) prior to purchase to view any antiques of interest.
We offer a signed and sealed Certificate of Authenticity with all antique items sold.
We have been marketing collectible Cinema Antiques since 1969 and are experts in the field. We have done certified cinema equipment appraisals for Banks, have served as Expert Witnesses in the legal system and have given our expert guidance to various museums.
All of our antiques and artifacts are guaranteed to be as described and photographed.
Our prices do not include shipping, packing and insurance, but we ship worldwide at the buyers expense and can offer Lloyds Of London insurance on all items shipped. Our prices do not include taxes or accessory items that may show in some photographs.
We offer partial or full refurbishment and various levels of restoration services at our Dallas Workshop. All antique items sold are carefully cleaned and gently prepared at no extra charge according to the wishes of our buyers. We prefer to offer original Cinema Antiques showing original patina and use from years of cinema production work. However, minor to full restoration is available at additional cost.
We are quite pleased to offer additional photographs of any of our Cinema Antiques and these can be requested via our web site, email or by phone.
Our inventory is regularly changing so please inquire after any special antiques you may be searching for.
Our President and Curator, Bill Reiter, is always personally available to discuss your individual needs and queries.
Due to the special nature of rare and artifact antiques, we can make no claim for the suitability of any Cinema Antique or item, for your intended purposes and use and we remind our clients that all antiques are subject to prior sale.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions you may have.
Our President and Curator is proud to have professional credentials and affiliations, as follows:
– B.A. (Diplomate, Cinema, City University of New York),
– D.P. (Director Of Photography),
– S.O.C. (Member, Society of Operating Cameramen),
– S.M.P.T.E. (Member, Society Of Motion Picture And Television Engineers),
– S.I.A.V.T. (Diplomate, Sony Institute of Applied Video Technology, Hollywood)
– CINEMATHEQUE FRANCAISE, PARIS (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
– PATHE FILM FOUNDATION, PARIS (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
– PETERSON AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
– INSTITUTE FOR MEDIA ARTS (Board of Directors)
– USA FILM SCHOOL (President)
– BACA Film Festival, (Certificate of Merit & Official Entrant, Brooklyn New York)
– FILMMAKING INSTRUCTOR, former, (City University of New York)
– DALLAS INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
– DALLAS FILM SOCIETY (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
– Official Supplier of Cinema Equipment Antiques To Heritage Auctions,
The World’s Largest Collectibles Auctioneer
– Industry Recognized “Distinctive” Antique Dealer
– ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES (Founding Supporter)
– DECORATIVE ARTS SOCIETY (Founding Member)
– SOCIETY FOR CINEMA AND MEDIA STUDIES (Member)
– CAMERA PROP SUPPLIER (NETFLIX Series “House Of Cards”)
– CINEMA ANTIQUE SUPPLIER (Oliver Stone’s Film “Born On The 4th Of July)
– RALPH LAUREN CORPORATION (Cinema Antique Consultant)
– HISTORICAL VEHICLE ASSOCIATION (Member)
– NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY (Official Cinema Antiques Supplier)
– REPRESENTED BY SAATCHI ART GALLERY (for Component Art & Sculptures)
– FINANCIAL TIMES OF LONDON (Featured Article on Cinema Antiques, 9/17)